From: Benjamin Harder [mailto:vwtype53@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 1999 5:01 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: 2.0 16v opinions

There have been quite a few posts lately about doing the 2.0 liter 16v.  I
have heard so many different thoughts and different possibilities for this
swap that I was hoping to get a general opinion on what would be the best.
I have a 1.8 16v rocco (cis-e) that I would love to upgrade to a 2.0

I've heard of getting a 2.0 bottom end and keeping the 1.8 head...this is
so I could maintain the cis-e injection, right?
The other option is to swap engines (get a 2.0 tall block?)...this would
require changing over to motronic injection?

I just wondered what the *best* way to do this would be...
Are there big advantages either way (is motronic better than cis-e?)

Just trying to clear up some confusion...at least with me!

TIA

=====