Re: 2.0 16v opinions

Benjamin Harder wrote:

> There have been quite a few posts lately about doing the 2.0 liter 16v.  I
> have heard so many different thoughts and different possibilities for this
> swap that I was hoping to get a general opinion on what would be the best.
> I have a 1.8 16v rocco (cis-e) that I would love to upgrade to a 2.0

DO IT!!!

> I've heard of getting a 2.0 bottom end and keeping the 1.8 head...this is
> so I could maintain the cis-e injection, right?

No, you can keep the CIS-E on the 2.0 head.  That's what the PO of my car
did on it - kept the 2.0 head *and* the CIS-E.  Trust me, it rocks!

> The other option is to swap engines (get a 2.0 tall block?)...this would
> require changing over to motronic injection?

Naah, stick with the 16V.. clean swap and you **WILL** be quite happy with
the results.

> I just wondered what the *best* way to do this would be...
> Are there big advantages either way (is motronic better than cis-e?)

You can chip a Motronic setup, but can't with CIS-E.  I've never driven
a Motronic 2.0 so I can't compare, but I'm quite happy with mine with
CIS-E.  And 2.0 shortblocks should be fairly easy to find at a reasonable
price.  Good luck!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0