Scirocco S differences - was '81 scirocco

--- chris <bcavitt@email.msn.com> wrote:
> i was wondering if anyone could tell me what the
> difference between the 81
> scirocco and the '81 scirocco S is? the only thing i
> noticed was that the S
> has a sun roof.
> and i was wondering what other VW motors would fit in the
> 81 scirocco.
>
> Chris
> Portland, OR
> '81 Scirocco

Ok - I'm gonna quote a little from the 1980 Scirocco
brochure that's in front of me - Pg. 7 - highlighting the
new Scirocco S differences:

"Scirocco S -

Specially-styled models with many exclusive touches to set
them apart from anything else on the road.  All trim is
black, VW radiator badge is red, as is the lettering on
hatchdoor.  Five-speed, standard.  So are:  large front
spoiler, 175/70 SR raised-white-letter tires, light-alloy
wheels.  And much more!

Available only in Alpine White, Black and Mars Red.
Special side sport stripes.  Black rocker panels and
moldings.  Interior highlighted by special "Strobe" striped
fabric on seats.  (Red "Strobe" shown below.  Also offered
in black.)  <I might add that it's a bit over done on the
red!  Carpet, side panels...  sheesh!>  These are
specially-designed sport seats for maximum support,
especially in fast cornering."

So those - according to VW - are the differences.  As far
as I know, the changes made for the 1981 Scirocco S
included:

-Choice of colors:  Cosmos Silver Metallic, Cirrus Grey
Metallic, and Mars Red.
-Interior pattern:  Seat stripes ran vertically instead of
horizontal "strobe" stripes.  Striping was orange / red for
the silver and grey cars, white/grey on the mars red ones.
The carpet for all '81 S' was black, as were the
side-panels.

What did I miss?  Corrections?

=====
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry