Re: Hard Steering......Please help

In a message dated 10/19/99 1:48:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ShtRocket@aol.com writes:

<< . POOF.. it comes back, even at idle it was so
 easy to turn. I was excitited. But it was making a whiny racket so I bought
 some fluid. Now it seems to be up to it's old tricks again. Shit. What is
 going on???

Sound like you have air in your power steering system due to a leak
somewhere, that would cause the whinny/hissy sound when you turn your wheel.
Look for leaks around all connections and especially the rack itself around
the broken boots.  This is where mine was leaking and i had to get a new rack.

Brian 86 16v