Fwd: Hard Steering......Please help

Thanks, Lars

From: ShtRocket@aol.com
Full-name: ShtRocket
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 01:46:24 EDT
Subject: Re: Hard Steering......Please help
To: HuMpnYoMoM@aol.com

I have a similar problem. Ever since I got my '87 16V, at low RPM's the power
steering is nearly non-functional. But when I really tach on it it comes to
life. I've been told that the power steering pump is probobly old and gummy.
But just today my fluid level was getting low, so I stopped to pick some up.
While in the parking lot ... POOF.. it comes back, even at idle it was so
easy to turn. I was excitited. But it was making a whiny racket so I bought
some fluid. Now it seems to be up to it's old tricks again. Shit. What is
going on?