Re: Drag Racing Radiators

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:40:31 -0700 Ben Patterson
<bpatterson@stanford.edu> writes:
>Speaking of upgrading radiators, IS there an aftermarket upgrade or
>swap that anyone knows about or has done? What about adding a second
>radiator? My car has overheated everytime I run the AC and it's over
>90, and it's seriously pissing me off. From what I understand this is
>a pretty common problem...
>
>					Ben Patterson 86' 16v

Why use a band aid fix? Adding a second radiator is not going to fix your
problem. This is only a common problem when your cooling system is less
than up to par. You have one of the following problems:

Poor curculation (IE waterpump.)
Bad thermostat
bad thermo switches
bad coolant
scale build up in the block
scale build up in the radiator (or both)
Inoperative fan
bad radiator cap
leak in the cooling system.

OR

All of the above.

Find and fix what ails you and it will run like it should.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and