Fan problem

    Lately I have been having a problem with my interior fan that should
be blowing heat and defogging, but lately it conks in and out about 1
time every five minutes. It will not work on any settings and then all
of a sudden turn on and work for about 20 seconds and then turn off
again. What does it sound like to you? I checked the fuse and it is
fine, is there something else electrical that I should look for? Also,
the first time it started not to work I smelled a faint buring smell, so
I turned it off and thats when it wouldnt come back on. Any ideas? Im
not to familiar with this and I dont want to take it to a mechanic.
Thanks for any help!

Tyler Chamberlain