SV: Building of 1,8T

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> The 8v manifolds will bolt up to the 16v head?

No, at least not without changing the flange.

<The exhaust port shapes are totally different so I assumed that the intakes <were, too...

They are.

<Well, what exactly do you have to modify? And why'd you start with the G60 <intake manifold as opposed to any other 8v?

I got one for almost free and the G60 intake has bolt holes to secure the VW fuel rail when I put EFI into the car. To begin I'm going to use my nice thrusty K-jetronik but as soon as I have money buy a programmable EFI. Then the real power is coming, not a tiny 185 horses.

The Audi TB I'm going to use has one big round flap like the weber TB but the bolt pattern is quadratic and I want the TB on right side to have more space in car, easier plumbing and easy access to turbo.

So I have to make a new plate to bolt the TB to, weld it to the other side, cover the old hole. Half way there already.

< This is *really* cool stuff!

I hope soo, want to go out and eat some Subaru Imprezas, Saab turbos and Audi S2s for breakfast, and countinue with a corvette for lunch.

Roland Johansson, Swedish Viking
Scirocco 1,8lT RSi -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker