RE: resistance wire?

At 07:03 PM 10/13/99 PDT, you wrote:
>>Have you checked that there is fuel getting to the injectors? could be a
>
>AFAIK, the hall sender sends info to the ICU, the ICU then temporarily
>grounds the coil, completing the circuit, making a spark, right?
>
>Is there anything in the CIS-E fuel injection system that tells the coil
>when to spark?

The 16V has an additional control unit, the knock sensor control. It takes
in the hall signal, then uses other sensor data to determine the amount of
ignition advance. It then feeds a signal out to the ICU. The 16v dist. has
no adv mechanismsm it is handled by the knock box. While I can't guarantee
compatability, one of my coworkers(he has been in ignition design business
for many years) had a Bosch ignitor box on his desk the other day, and
seemed to think it was a nearly universal item.

Brad