RE: resistance wire?

<x-flowed>>Have you checked that there is fuel getting to the injectors? could be a
>sticky fuel metering rod, dud accumulator, dud pump, etc.
>
>The posistion of the gas pedal is bound to have an influence on starting an
>FI engine as changing throttle position changes the degree of airflow
>restriction and will cause  fluctuation in the position of the fuel meter
>plate.

No. No fuel.. I suspect that's because there's no spark.

I still don't know why there's no spark.

AFAIK, the hall sender sends info to the ICU, the ICU then temporarily
grounds the coil, completing the circuit, making a spark, right?

Is there anything in the CIS-E fuel injection system that tells the coil
when to spark?

I'm talking fuel system, not ignition system.

Also, those little ICU's... are they all interchangeable?

-Dave
'81 Scirocco 16v 1.8l