RE: resistance wire?

<x-flowed>>Pull the resistor wire off the coil, tap the positive wire to thte CIS_E
>brain and all the other 12V wires to the wire off terminal 15 of the
>ignitionw switch.
>
>This is what I did.  You prolly fucked that wire up early in the process
>trin to carry to much current through it for the coil and the Brains.

Really? Meze told me that I shouldn't be using it, as it was only for older
cars without the Breakerless Transistorized Ignition.

Now, my '81 HAD the little ignition chip to begin with. O2 sensor, and the
whole deal.

The wire from C19 of my fuse box to the Coil #15 has no resistance (just as
it should not).

He said halfway through '80, all cars got O2 sensors, and that resistance
wire was done away with.

Your '78 did have that wire, and it was needed.. not mine, tho.

This is really pissing me off.

So, the kicker..

The other day, I tried slamming the gas in a fit of rage, and it got the
engine sputtering a little.. trying to catch, but then it just stopped.

I know it's supposed to be impossible for the gas pedal to influence how a
Fuel Injected engine starts, but it did.

Before the engine swap, the same problem existed. But, the car would run
(roughly) if the gas was held down quite a bit. And it hit out of the blue,
too... no warning.

Another thing is, the oil temp gauge was freaking out, like pegging, then
dying after two seconds of cranking.

-Dave
'81 Scirocco 16v