Re: resistance wire?

Dave Novak wrote:

> I'm looking through my '81's Bentley and found an interesting section on
> resistance wire. Apparently the wire between [coil #15] and [fuse box C19]
> must have a resistace of between .85 and .95 ohms - which my wire does not
> have. My wire has no resistance. Which could be why it won't start.
<snip>
> I hope that's the cause of my misery.
>
> Has anyone else had experience with this type of wire?
>
> -Dave

I concur. I dropped an ;84 engine in my '81. Didn't have a white/purple
wire. Dropped an '81 engine in Al's '78, had to cut 90%+ ow the
resistive wire and graft in a regular piece of copper.

Use as much of the 16v as makes sense but don't try and reproduce all of
the older car's electronics.

hth,
TBerk