resistance wire?

<x-flowed>I'm looking through my '81's Bentley and found an interesting section on
resistance wire. Apparently the wire between [coil #15] and [fuse box C19]
must have a resistace of between .85 and .95 ohms - which my wire does not
have. My wire has no resistance. Which could be why it won't start.

So, of course no VW parts dealers have such wires, and niether do any of the
auto parts places. Radio shack has no such wire, so I had to special order a
.91 ohm wire-wound resistor over the net from them which will arrive in a
week.

I hope that's the cause of my misery.

Has anyone else had experience with this type of wire?

-Dave