Re: Distributor

They are interchangeable, in fact it is an upgrade.

The new '88 style doesn't have any wires to break, the sender is molded
into the connector and this type rarely goes bad.
The one with the wires and circuit board is for a non-knock distributor,
to allow for the assembly to be advanced. CIS-E does this electronically.

Peter