Re: shift linkage bushing

<x-flowed>At 11:24 PM -0400 10/11/99, Dan wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 11:10:24PM -0400, Foxx (in a box) wrote:
>
>>   i found to interesting sound from my trans today to be a toasted
>> bushing/bearing. it is the one from the downshaft that goes through the
>> metal plate at the bottom. does anyone know what'll cost to fix and,
>> since this one is dead, should i i go ahead a replace the other ones at
>> the same time (will they be near death as well?)? thanx.
>
>Mine was about 30 bucks, from the dealer. Might as well spend 5 bucks for
>the the kit to the the rest, while you're getting greasy. And since you're
>doing 95% of the labor involved anyway,  treat yourself to a short shift
>kit. Most of them include the $5 baggie of plastic bushings that need
>replacing with the kit.

And if you're ordering from the Potterman, as I know you will be, :-)
Get the A3 bushing set.  They are more durable than the A1 set, you
just have to snap off a little tab on the A3 ones to get them to fit.
| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| jarrett@<NOSPAM>rpa.net                                       |