Re: shift linkage bushing

On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 11:10:24PM -0400, Foxx (in a box) wrote:

>   i found to interesting sound from my trans today to be a toasted
> bushing/bearing. it is the one from the downshaft that goes through the
> metal plate at the bottom. does anyone know what'll cost to fix and,
> since this one is dead, should i i go ahead a replace the other ones at
> the same time (will they be near death as well?)? thanx.

Mine was about 30 bucks, from the dealer. Might as well spend 5 bucks for
the the kit to the the rest, while you're getting greasy. And since you're
doing 95% of the labor involved anyway,  treat yourself to a short shift
kit. Most of them include the $5 baggie of plastic bushings that need
replacing with the kit.

Dan

--
Goldfish don't bounce.