Re: Velocity's limited slip diff?

<x-charset iso-8859-1>The Velocity kit is supposed raise the breakaway torque to around 80 ft-lbs,
not 80 percent.  (Factory "mini-slip" torque is almost negligible at
anywhere from 3 to 7 ft-lbs.)

It is totally incorrect to talk about the breakaway torque in percent unless
you say (or everyone understands) what it is a percent of.  In terms of
torque, the Velocity kit breakaway torque might amount to 5% using 1600
ft-lbs of torque at the front wheels in 1st gear as an example.

I have one installed and don't find it to be particularly impressive or
useful under high power applications.

Wishing I had a Quaife again,
Bradley
'86 S16V 2.0 "T"