Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 06:54:34 -0700
From: Visual Arts <visualarts@porterworks.com>
To: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org
Subject: new scirocco owner, any suggestions??

I had never even heard of a scirocco ( took me a moth to spell it right)
before, but ended up buying one from my neigbor down the road in june.  He
was very excellent with cars, it's a 84 black, very clean, etc.  Lately I've
started to look around for sirocco "stuff," and it's amazing what I've
found.  There is a real community about this cool car, and I'm feeling
pulled in now.

    The question is:  As far as I know all the parts are original, the only
things I've done to it so far has been giving it a new alternator,
waterpump, tensioner, and timing belt (and a new battery).  What are some
relatively simple and inexpensive mods I could look into that would
generally make the engine perform better?  As a beginner, do you have any
advice to give about maintaining it?  I love to start adding some cool
stuff, and maybe a list of engine/other mods you would recommend to increase
my overall power, torque, hp, performance, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean Porter
Sean@porterworks.com