RE: California front plates - yikes! -Reply

I don't like front plates and I don't run red lights -
what does that make me??  :-)

Unfortunately, I live in a front plate state (MD)- but
I'm not moving to PA (nice state!) or WV just so I
won't have front tags :(

What if they come out with an onboard (personal or
auto) device that monitors your every move - will the
government justify this in the name of "law and
order"? Somewhere there is a line between freedom and
a police state. Exactly where that is I'm not sure,
but it's frightening that most politicians (and the
supreme court?) are extremely ignorant about the bill
of rights and that thing called the constitution . . .

--- Robert Bisch <Rbisch@lgamerica.com> wrote:
> I could not resist.  Living in the DC metro I have
> seen some unbelievable
> accidents that make you wonder.  Why would someone
> run a redlight
> anyways.  Are these people into killing people or
> causing someone not to
> be able to walk agian.  Yeah that's right, lets
> blame the police for wanting
> to protect the unsuspecting driver from being killed
> by an idiot.  I could
> ramble on, but I am not.  It is not worth it.  They
> deserve to be caught.
> Front plates are ugly I agree, but if you don't like
> them move to a state
> which does not require them or get caught running a
> redlight and pay a
> fine.
>
> Rob

> 02:26pm >>>
> Isn't it our right to face our accusers in court?  I
> wouldn't pay one of
> these tickets, I've heard that a company supplies a
> city with the
> equipment
> and takes a share of the fines collected.
>
> There was a joke along these lines...
>
> ...A smartass Scirocco owner received a photo radar
> speeding ticket in
> the
> mail...   ...after viewing the photo of him doing 75
> mph in a 55 mph zone
> and the $100.00 ticket, he photo copied a hundred
> dollar bill and sent it
> in to the court house.  A few weeks later, he
> received the same ticket
> and
> his enclosed photo copy of Ben Franklin along with a
> photo copy of
> handcuffs...
>
> Brooke Fairbanks
> Savage, MN

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Free: Dual outlet A1 manifold - nds studs (in MD)