Fwd: RE: California front plates - yikes!

If you agree to live in society you agree to follow "civil law", which
means you give up some natural freedoms in order to have a society where we
can all get along.

The trick is knowing which is which.  It doesn't necessarily follow that if
you allow them to write tickets based on cameras there'll be cameras in
your bedroom next.  Your bedroom isn't out in society, but red lights are;
in fact, red lights are a great example of people having to give up
something in order for society to get along.  You want to go, he wants to
go, someone has to wait, let's take turns.

Here's how I would handle it: I'd get a job in the traffic department, and
use Photoshop to change the images of violators.  Then I could set myself
up nicely, extorting money by threatening to create "violations" of anyone
who didn't pay me a small "protection" fee.  I'd use immates as witnesses
to confirm my accusations, and pay them in cigarettes.

And I'd INSIST on cameras in my bedroom.

Mike