Re: California front plates - yikes!

<x-flowed>New message at bottom

    If the driver decides not to run a light because a cop is there, he is
not doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do, hes doing it
because he doesn't want to get punished. Whether its a live cop, or one at
a desk a few miles away, its a fear of punishment that keeps the driver
from breaking the law, and endangering lives. Are you saying we should get
rid of police, as they take away our responsiblity to do the right thing
because it is the right thing? All the cameras do is make one cop able to
watch alot of intersections, as opposed to just sitting and waiting at one.
Either with the cop or the camera, you are being watched.

Brad

Thats my basic theory. Is it any different having a cop on every corner than
having a cop manned camera on every corner?  As long as it is kept out of my
private space, I don't have a problem with it.  Besides if you obey the law
it won't affect you anyway.

Bryan