RE: California front plates - yikes!

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Ummmmm,

All the cameras installed here in Sacramento county are automated, if the
light turns red, the camera is tripped by a motion sensing device.  One
camera takes a picture of the driver and front plate and another other the
rear plate.

Which leaves a lot of skepticism for the program as a whole because of the
lack of front plates and the fact that the Owner of the car recieves a
ticket.......not the driver.

There is no cop in a little room "watching" the 10 intersections that are
currently on the test program for this system.  I imagine that they have
some clerk reviewing pictures at the end of the day with a magnifying glass.

There are HUGE signs at all the test intesection stating that it is
controlled by the cameras....right next to the sign that states that it is
now a $250 offense to run a red light.

You might not see a cop, but you would have to be blind not to see the signs
or notice that camera on top of the red light.

Brian Honnold
'78 Ragtop (No plate, lotsa tickets, no cop ever mentioned it)