Re: California front plates - yikes!

<x-flowed>I actually saw the newsclip.  It is West Hollywood where this is starting.
The city spent big money for the traffic light cameras and they don't want
to be twarted by motorists who are smart enough to subvert the system by not
installing front plates.  Front plates are the dumbest thing going.  I have
never seen a car design that looks good with a front plate.  The thing looks
stupid and tacked on.  I have been driving around without a front plate on
my Scirocco because the car never had one.  I never received the front plate
when I bought the car.  And I am not going to retire my original plate for a
new one.

Anyhow, the enforcement of this old law is just a band aid for inefficient
city government.  Traffic tickets are required to be written by an officer,
not a machine.  That rule is still on the books to my knowledge.  What the
city needs to do is hire more cops, but they want to save money so they just
buy these stupid traffic light cameras.

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Sidewinder