RE: fuel pump relay

Well, here's what I think, but I could be wrong.

That extra pin I think is for the coil. It gets a pulse whenever the coil
fires, and keeps the puel pump relay "on." This is a safety mechanism so
that if ever the car gets in a wreck, the fuel pump shuts off even if
the ignition is left on.

*IF* the pins on the standard fuel pump relay match that of the good 'ole
4 prong relay, then it should work fine. You won't have that safety
mechanism though, so if you are ever t-boned by a cranked out trucker,
just remember to turn off the ignition before you pass out. :-)

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco