Adventures in Karting . .

    Well, today I was bored at work when I decided to entertain my bosses
invitation to go hang out with the guys after work. Boy was that good choice.
I was introduced to the sport of Karting. I'll never be the same, neither
will my rocco.

    After turning back from our trip to the track because some selfish
bastard decided that today he was going to jump off the bridge, blocking our
only way to the track. We decided to go to the new OLD NAVY ware house, which
was still under construction and try there newly paved parking lots. I have
to see if I can get them to allow autocrossing there in the future. After
finding out the hard way that one should not take ones lowered car into a
construction site, even to get to virgin tarmac. I bottomed out and separated
my exhaust from my cat. Man are 16v's load when there's just a header and a
cat.

    Well, after deciding to let my exhaust cool down for a bit before trying
to fix it for our ride home, we decided to pull the kart out from the back of
my bosses truck. This thing was 4 feet long and about 3.5 feet wide for those
of you that didn't know the size of these things. It weighed only 200 to 250
pounds at the most and had a good 90+ BHP. Man this thing was fast 0 to top
speed of 110 MPH and back in less then 100yrds. It took me about one run to
get used to the sequential 6 spd motor cycle gear box. Once I had it down I
had this thing moving with insane hard braking and down shifting into turns
and insanely quick exits and straight line acceleration through all six
gears. I thought I took a lot of G forces in some race cars I've had the
pleasure to drive before. Nothing compared to the beating this little Kart
Gave my kidneys and ribs in the brief time I drove it. I just had to share
and say if you have the chance to take one of these little beast out for any
reason do it.

    After fixing my exhaust and hoping back into my, what now seems roomy
Corbue racing seat I came to a conclusion. One my car is damn quit and second
its friggin slow to me now. Damn Karts, Well if you haven't guessed I'm now
looking into buying a Kart. So any listers on the East coast or anywhere have
product advice please feel free to share your knowledge. I think I'm hook and
I'm going to try my hand at racing this spring. I wonder if I can get a tach
and a Speedo to work on a 2 stroke 125 cc motor?

Later
88 16v
85 8v (RIP) sold for parts
125cc Shifter Kart soon.