Re: Adventures in Karting . .

At 02:00 AM 10/3/99 EDT, you wrote:
> It weighed only 200 to 250
>pounds at the most and had a good 90+ BHP. Man this thing was fast 0 to top
>speed of 110 MPH and back in less then 100yrds. It took me about one run to
>get used to the sequential 6 spd motor cycle gear box.

90+ BHP? What engine was he running? The 125s dont produce anywhere near
that(although they are still very fast).

> I wonder if I can get a tach
>and a Speedo to work on a 2 stroke 125 cc motor?

There are plenty of companies that make such devices specifically for
karts. There are even a few companies whitch have some neat data
acquisition systems for them at a pretty reasonable price. I have been
working with dirtbike engines(what the 125 and 250cc karts use) for the
past year now, making ignition systems and other electronics for them.

Brad