Re: LARGE speeding ticket

> "Verne Harris (Fnugen)" wrote:
>
>     Hey all. Especially to the CDNs amongst us..............DO NOT
> double the speed limit even for 30 seconds on any street. (foolishly
> mine was a main artery here in the city). I did (ooops) and now have a
> WHOPPINGLY HUUUUUUGE $285 ticket, but luckily my license is STILL in
> my possession.
<snip>
 Anyway, some might think it is too much to say, but
> after they told me it took almost 2 kms to catch me to give my
> ticket.....I felt like laughing, cause I was driving my Roc and they
> in their piggish Crown Vic, and they couldn't catch ME.
> hehehee, sorry if I offend anyone with any braggish overtones
> here...but hey, when the biggest ticket you've had is $65 and 5 yrs
> ago, you kinda chuckle amongst your "how the FUCK am I gonna pay THIS"
> attitude.............thanks
>
>        Verne :

Pft. Lets try $400+ for 85 mph (on a 50 mph expressway with no cross
traffic). Looked in my rear view after just having a bunch of front end
work done at New D. and opened it up as I was out on my own with no
other cars to get into danger.

The tow truck I thought I saw before taking off turns out to be an
Amtrack police officer. (Doh!)  His ticket book was crinkely and the one
off the top that he filled out for me was sun faded.
I'm looking at my 1st ticket in, oh- Ten Years?

S**t.

TBerk