Re: 2.0L engine

Tyler Chamberlain wrote:

>     I've heard a little talk about putting a 2.0L engine in a scirocco,
> I was wondering a couple of things about it though. First, is there a
> large advantage to the 2L? I know it puts out 11 more horsepower, but
> I've heard that the low end torque boost is very good as well.
> next, what cars from what years have this engine?
> and finally, how easily does it fit into my '87 16v? Is there any
> modifications required , or does it just fit in nicely?
> The reason why I ask all this is that I am not really a tech-guy yet,
> and I may have some repairs that need to be done on my engine, so I was
> thinking that now would be a good time to put the 2.0L in if its
> actually worth it...
> thanks alot for any responses.

(Note- Found this in my Drafts Outgoing mail.)

Keep in mind as to the two  general differences in 2 liter donor motors-

The Tall Block (as from A3 VWs)

and the

Bubble block (as from the Audi 80s)

As I understand it the tall block is just that and requires a TT
exhaust pipe to make things fit. Some clearance between the rear rain
gutter and the throttle linkage/ intake may be needed.

The other thing is if you don't use the upper portion of the 'wrong way
facing' intake, it won't be a problem.

My plans call for an Audi 2L with the '84 TI head (of an 1.8L car) and
the dual down pipe manifold.

A few bits a pieces and I'm done.

TBerk