Re: snow/winter tire recommendations

First of all you have to run the appropriate size. This winter I plan to
run some 155/80/13 on a 13x4.5" rim. Yep! That sounds *reeally* skinny,
right? Well, that is what you want on ice and snow.

As for a particular brand, Bridgestone Blizzaks are known to be an ice
tire. Nokian Haakapalittas are regarded to be the superior deep snow
choice. However, they've got a few new models that are rumored to be
excellent for mixed conditions.

--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut