More Problems....

<x-flowed>Hey there all -

	Well, the list rolls on. Every time I get something fixed
something new breaks! AAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHH!!! Sorry just needed to vent
a little there...
	Anyways, I finally got the hoses to the windshield wipers
cleaned out. Looks like there were worms living in there or
something, but regardless, water is now making it to the windshield.
The problem is my windshield wipers now only function when on 'high'
- the intermittent settings don't work at all. What's the dealio?
	My distributor is leaking, so I changed out the distributor
cap and rotor as a temporary fix. I also swapped out the spark plug
wires since they were pretty thrashed as well. The car is running
well now aside from having it die upon starting when it's cold. The
car won't idle until it warms up for a minute, but it runs great once
it's there. Another intermittent wiring problem or is this something
bigger?
	I'm also having problems with my stereo in a sort of wierd
way. I ran the wire from the left tweeter next to the power cable for
about 2 inches because I got lazy. Now I've got some alternator whine
happening even when the deck isn't powered, so I've got to move the
wire somewhere else. No big deal. The big deal is this. When I push
the car hard (high RPM's) the speakers will crackle and then finally
give a loud pop and then the amp appears to have turned off. No fuses
are blown, but I have to turn the deck off and then on again to get
the amp to power up again. I checked the grounding for the amp and
the deck and they are really solid. Anybody got any ideas? I don't
see how this could come from running the speaker wire next to the
power cable for a couple of inches, but heck, my life seems to defy
the laws of physics on a daily basis....

				Ben Patterson 86' 16v
Ben Patterson 				Pager - (650)794-8868
Networking/Macintosh			LiNCS - (650)725-4630
Systems Engineer			Email: bpatterson@stanford.edu
CRC-LiNCS/ITSS				Stanford University

"Marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries."
					- Wayne, from Wayne's World -