Some more 2L conversion ?'s

I'm glad to see all the recent discussion on this.  I've got a couple more ?'s
that haven't been specifically addressed:

Exhaust:
B. VanSpewenburg wrote to someone:
"Once again, the best bang for the $$ would probably be the TT 2.25 stainless
with an Ultraflow.  A header would net you more HP at some rpms, but would
probably be less reliable.  Some people on this list have been running
16v headers for quite some time, so apparently then can last a while."

On my 16V ('88) it looks like the current pipe is 2.25 aluminized.   What was
the stock dia.?  If it was 2.25", is there some other difference in the TT
stainless system that improves performance?  Do the TT systems maintain that
resonator (pre-muffler) that the stock system has just after the cat?

Aside from headers, are there better alternative to the stock 16V Ex. manifold?

Intake:
Are there any alternatives to the stock throttle body?  Can anyone roughly
quantify the benefits of porting the manifold?

Cyl. Head
I'll have it off, so aside from an intake cam, are there any recommendations on
springs, lifters, porting, polishing, other machine work?

Transmission
It'll be off too, so aside from seals, what do you say about aftermarket
differentials, gear ratio changes, etc.

I think that's it for now.  Thanks
Bill Scarince