Re: Lubricating or Replacing speedo cable ?

Find where the speedo cable goes into the trans. There is a little
phillips-head screw or an 11mm bolt there. Remove it. Pull the cable out
of the trans with the gear end on it. Make sure not to drop the gear end
into the trans - that can suck (although not REALLY - the trans is much
tougher than the plastic gear - I know somebody who once dropped the
plastic gear end in and the trans just ate it). Unscrew the other end from
the OXS box by the firewall, and play with the cable to your heart's
content. Try lubing it as best you can with white lithium grease. IF you
think it's too far gone, replace it. Make sure you use the same, or the
same kind of cable end, otherwise your speedo will be off.
	HTH!
	-Josiah
http://bork.hampshire.edu