about friends & Essen Motorshow

<x-charset iso-8859-4>Hello,

just wanted to tell everyone what a good thing this Scirocco-list is,
and all the listers I met so far (Doug, Macsek, Roland, Zoltan & Lauri) are just great !!!

The last few days, Lauri and his girlfriend Iris visited us,
coming the long way down from Estonia, a country that I did not have
heard much about until now (sorry for my earlier ignorance ).
Needless to say that it was a pleasure to meet them, talking Scirocco
all day and night. ( Thanks Iris & Tina , for being so understanding !  :-)

We felt at least 10 years younger when we were racing against
each other with the slotcar Sciroccos, then visited my friend Achim with his
awesome 80.000DM Scirocco and enjoyed looking at car pictures
until late at night.

On Saturday we rented a VW Sharan ( 7 seats, 2.3 liter engine, 150 HP, 191km/h max. )
and we went up to Essen Motorshow, Germanys biggest fair for tuned cars
and motorbikes. It was nice there, but in fact Sciroccos are not to  find there
anymore, only a few years ago they were quite popular there.
Well, times have changed and we have to accept that more and more
companies let their accessories for the Sciroccos run out of production
because there is not enough demand anymore.
I talked with the KAMEI people, they see no chance in producing anymore
3-slat Scirocco-grilles for example.

I took some pictures of current VW-tuning projects,
and some interesting other pictures too of course.
I will put them on the net in about one week, hopefully my new domain www.Scirocco2.de
is already active then as I have to move my site there, my current website will be
shut down from my current ISP.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings,
Dirk
montego-black '83 SCIROCCO GTX 1.8l EX carbed
montego-black '84 SCIROCCO GTX 1.8l DX inj.
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO/index.htm