Re: Motronic Injection

It's dead easy to reroute the fuel lines to the passenger's side of the
car - they come up from the back on that side to start with, then make a
bend and head across the back of the engine compartment to come up at the
fuel distributor on the driver's side.  On my last few A1 platforms I've
replaced the steel lines with A2 style plastic.  It was a far easier job
on the diesels, because the fuel comes up to the passenger's side.
On the Scirocco I needed to make the bend coming into the engine
compartment with high pressure neoprene fuel line before going back to
plastic to truck across the firewall.  The great thing about this mod is
you don't have to worry about rusting lines any more (a bonus if you live
in the salt - er-  I mean snow belt).

Drew

'84 Wolfsburg with rust-proof fuel lines

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Paul Maione wrote:

> How much of a PITA would it be to re-route the fuel
> lines to the passanger side of the car? I want to do
> the Motronic set up, but what would be easier? Would
> it be less effective or just as efficient just have
> them on driver's side?
>
> I'm still keeping an eye out for a whole engine w/ the
> wiring and everything! Hard to find. =p
>
> =====
> Paul Maione (The Burnt Kid)
> Scirocco 86' 8v
> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/9149/
> E-Mail - mmaion@po-pox.mcgill.ca
> *2377213*

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca