Re: Motronic Injection

> I'd heard (from Brad, and elsewhere) that the GTI
> and GLI make the
> better donors for Motronic conversions on the A1's.
> Not really
> sure why this might be...wire loom lengths?
> Motronic box position?  I'm
> getting mine from a GLI, I'll let you know how it
> works out. :)  Based
> on a suggestion from Dave Fertig (POTATO!) I have
> figured out a way
> to use the CIS-E lines with the Motronic injectors.
> I'm going to use
> converters which screw into the CIS-E lines, and
> press fit the ends
> of the Motronic lines into them so then the Motronic
> injectors can be
> attached.  If it's financially feasible, I'll make
> up several sets
> of these.  What this would allow is the use of the
> drivers side
> injection mixture system.

How much of a PITA would it be to re-route the fuel
lines to the passanger side of the car? I want to do
the Motronic set up, but what would be easier? Would
it be less effective or just as efficient just have
them on driver's side?

I'm still keeping an eye out for a whole engine w/ the
wiring and everything! Hard to find. =p

=====
Paul Maione (The Burnt Kid)
Scirocco 86' 8v