Re: Motronic Injection

<x-flowed>>When converting a 16v 2.0L MKII Scirocco to Motronic injection, is it better
>to get the Motronic injection parts from a gti, gli, or passat? Or does it
>matter?
>
>Justin
>'86 Scirocco 16v 2.0L

I'd heard (from Brad, and elsewhere) that the GTI and GLI make the
better donors for Motronic conversions on the A1's.  Not really
sure why this might be...wire loom lengths?  Motronic box position?  I'm
getting mine from a GLI, I'll let you know how it works out. :)  Based
on a suggestion from Dave Fertig (POTATO!) I have figured out a way
to use the CIS-E lines with the Motronic injectors.  I'm going to use
converters which screw into the CIS-E lines, and press fit the ends
of the Motronic lines into them so then the Motronic injectors can be
attached.  If it's financially feasible, I'll make up several sets
of these.  What this would allow is the use of the drivers side
injection mixture system.

==Brett