Does ANYONE know what year my car is?

Okay, above and beyond all things messed with my car, I have a dilemma.
First of all, my car was built in February '84.  Turns out I have a 1985
ignition system (plug wires, cap, rotor, coil).  But today I find out I
have a 1985 CIS system!! (Does the Jetronic box on the cowl mean
anything? I know it's injection related, but I'm not sure if it's
relevant to the year.) The guys at the VW shop told me I have '85 fuel
pump, accumulator and fuel lines.  Does anybody know how to tell
whatup?  I know that '84 was a bad year for 'roccos, being a model
change year. How do I know if I should ask for '84 parts or '85 parts?
HELP!!!!
Nate
mid-80's 8v with an age crisis.