Re: 1' deep puddle

<x-flowed>I disagree. If he had just slightly bent the connecting rods it would cause
his compression to fall in one or more cyilinders. Causing it to run rough.
I have seen this happen with one of my friends rabbit and he drove through a
puddle that was very deep and he bent the rods and it ran very poorly. but
it still ran. If he was driving a diesel scirocco (have yet to see one) then
he could have done so much damage that it wouldnt run at all.

>From: Feenix <feenix@javanet.com>
>To: Chris DeLong <green536@hotmail.com>
>CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: 1' deep puddle
>Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 23:48:31 -0500
>
>Chris DeLong wrote:
> >
> > Don't know about the clutch thing but i would definetely recommend you
>do a
> > compression test cause the only way I can think of water getting into
>the
> > crank case is by forcing it past the pistons which would have entered
>the
> > combustion chamber via the intake valves. GL
> >

>If water got into the combustion chamber he would have blown the motor.
>My friend did this with his Mustang in a puddle. As far as the clutch
>goes it sounds like it needs adjustment. Its not engaging all the way.
>
>Feenix

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco