Re: Does ANYONE know what year my car is?

Nathan Mellom wrote:

> Okay, above and beyond all things messed with my car, I have a dilemma.
> First of all, my car was built in February '84.  Turns out I have a 1985
> ignition system (plug wires, cap, rotor, coil).  But today I find out I
> have a 1985 CIS system!!
<snip>
> HELP!!!!
> Nate
> mid-80's 8v with an age crisis.
>
> --

Being a Mk1 guy pls. bear with my seemingly stupid question-

Why are you confused about having an '1980-FIVE model year car that was
built in 198-FOUR? I can see how Feb might cause you to pause but it
sounds right to me. The things were built overseas, cars are sold in
Sept for the forth coming year, see?

Perhaps '85 cars are expected to have CIS-E, if so please enlighten me.

Since Sciroccos got new stuff before other models then this car may not
make sense, perhaps it's a case of using up the systems the factory had
'laying around' before a new production run. Seen weird stuff before.

TBerk