Re: 2 Liter 8v (Info Needed)

Paul Maione wrote:

> He's thinking about going with a 2.0 block on his 1.8 head.
> Any A3 Cross Flow block can be used correct?

Yes. They're all the same. The other option is the Audi 3A block which
requires different accomidations.

> What modifications or if any are needed to make this work?

You'll need a block off plate to cover a hole in the front of the block
.What orginally goes there, folks? I forget... You'll also need a longer
downpipe to compensate for the increased (16mm) deck height of the
block. I believe that you can buy a spacer to accomplish the same thing.
I'd go for the downpipe, though...

> What's parts or anything I would have to score off the
> donor car?

You'd probably want to splice in a knock sensor system to keep things
friendly.

> His 4k tranny will work fine?

Perfectly.
--