2 Liter 8v (Info Needed)

Hey all.

My GF's bro has a Rabbit GTi and is wondering how
to get more juice out of the engine. He's thinking
about going with a 2.0 block on his 1.8 head.

Now;

The dilemma is that is this just Pop on and go? Any A3
Cross Flow block can be used correct? What
modifications or if any are needed to make this work?
What's parts or anything I would have to score off the
donor car? His 4k tranny will work fine?

Any info that would be needed for this project to
get underway would be oustandingly appreciated. We
figure that we should be fully educated on the subject
before we start taking his old engine apart.

TIA!

=====
Paul Maione (The Burnt Kid)
Scirocco 86' 8v