Re: monowiper question (and others)

<x-flowed>Hey Mark, what I have found that has worked very well for plugging holes is
the rubber plugs that plug holes in the firewall. I usually get them from
wrecked cars.

>From: Mark Mages <wasserbox@yahoo.com>
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: monowiper question (and others)
>Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 08:45:04 -0800 (PST)
>
>Hey all - I haven't mailed the list in a while,
>but....
>
>I need a suggestion from anyone else who has
>retrofitted a monowiper on their MKII.  What did you
>use to plug up the hole from the other wiper?  I have
>a wine-bottle cork in their right now, but....
>
>I could't find a dual linkage that would fit into the
>holes from another VW in the junkyard, so I now have a
>1982 scirocco monowiper.  That linkage even took some
>"surgery" to get it to fit.... (got that, a golf
>linkage, steering wheel, and some other misc. parts
>for 20$ - gotta love slow weeks at the yard... no one
>else wants to pull parts in the snow)
>
>Also - a couple other questions - does anyone have an
>extra center cap for a steering wheel?  not a stock
>wheel, but it looks like an official vw aftermarket
>thing.... three spoke aluminum with a wolf & mountain
>(wolfsburg?) in the middle, and official vw part
>numbers....
>
>major score on the junkyard scene this week, 3 sets of
>bbs rims (2 silver one gold), golf 2.0 16v with no
>fuel system, 5 mkI roccos & 2 mkII's, and about 30
>GTi's... now all I need is a job so I can afford to
>play.
>

>=====
>Mark
>
>87 Westfalia Gl
>84 Scirocco 8v
>
>http://members.tripod.com/~jehanno

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco