Re: Alloy Rim Repair

T Berk wrote:

> Who can I send my Factory Alloys to to get a refresh? The lips have a
> few dings and the overall condition is fair.

Wheels America has fixed 3 BBS rims for me in the past, and they have
a location in Union City (33446 Western Ave, 510-441-2199).  They charge
a flat rate, I believe $99, but for that $99, you will get back a rim
that is PERFECTLY trued and balanced, cosmetically perfect, and refinished.
It will be basically undistinguishable from new.  One of the rims on
my red Mk2 (which you have seen a couple of times) was TOTALLY tweaked
when I bought it - like as in hitting a curb VERY hard.  It looked better
than new when I got it back.

And - they do the work on the premises and turn the work around overnight.
In by 6pm, you'll have it back at 9 the following morning!

Their website is at www.fixrim.com.. good luck!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0