SV: SV: SV: Electric Super Charger. IS IT worth the money?

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
> > I have looked at several of those sites, you linked some earlier.
>
> And you didn't see the charts?

I looked at them, but just because someone is showing this on a dyno doesn't make it the truth of the day.

> > With a modern and correct sized turbo you don't have noticable lag more
> > than a NA car. Just by reving my motor in neutral I can build up boost,
> > don't have too open throttle maximum, half way is enough, and didn't
> > this one triggered on full gas? Long before my throttle opens to full I
> > have lots of boost if I'm over 2000 rpms, if I'm over 1300 rpms I have
> > noticable boost.
>
> Sure, modern turbo systems can do that, no problem.  But you show me a
> modern turbo system that WON'T break the bank.  The original point was HP
> gained for the money spent.  I don't know any turbo systems out there for
> a decent price, do you? Plus, some of us don't WANT to deal with a turbo,
> and everything involved with adding one to our cars.

Original statement was it gave a power increase on all motors, even turbo motors.

I'm not saying it can't produce power, but I doubt by all my knowledge it can make additional power in a modern correct tuned turbo motor.

And for not wanting to deal with turbos I understand that, either you need money or some mechanical experience and acces to a shop.

And complete turbo systems are expensive, but it's possible to get a good working turbo system for an 8V motor for less than what it will cost to get a 16V motor to 180 or more tested hp. And you get the same power out of the turbo system at least. But everyone has there ways they want too go.

Roland Johansson, Swedish Viking
Scirocco 1,8T RSi -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker