Re: Clutch replacement.

> Muscavitz wrote:
>
> I have a few questions pertaining to the replacement of a clutch on an
> '88 16v rocco: ...one last thing, about how long does it take to do a clutch?
>
> ok, i lied.. i'm not done yet, what do i need to do to replace the
> driver's side c/v axel?
>
> thanx guys! (and gals, i know there is a few out there....)
>
> TIA!
> Corey

Owen, Shawn has some good stuff. Here is a bit more for the starving
student to consider;

1. The engine must be supported when you start removing things. It can
be supported from above w/ a doubled 2x4 that is cut just to fit in the
space the hood takes up. They must NOT rest on the top of the fenders
lest dents ensue.

2. A rented (electric) impact wrench may be a good investment. You don't
pay enough to buy it but it may come in handy when getting the clutch
bolts out.

3. Don't scrimp on the 12 point driver, it's been mentioned but can not
be over stressed. Don't scrape by with an Allen that seems to fit.
You'll be sorry.

I was able to replace a clutch in a day but knowing what i know now I
could drop the ting out, swap disk and plate and stuff it back in in a
manner of hours. Be prepared for a weekend the 1st time because you'll l
be gaining experience at the cost of time.

hth,
TBerk