Re: Motronics

--- GUIDO.DAVID@PALO-ALTO.VA.GOV wrote:
> Happy Thanksgiving!
>
> I saw your post concerning whether or not to go with Motronics in your
> 2.0l 16v conversion. I am basically deciding to use Motronics vs CIS-E
> in my 2.0l 16v (engine code 9A) also.

It's extra work, but who cares, right? ;-)

> I am still looking for the Motronic computer and related wiring harness,
> injectors, motronic air box and fuel lines.

Here's the complete shopping list as I understand it:

-Complete uncut (can tolerate grounds cut and window harnesses cut) wiring
harness for engine management.
-Motronic brain box
-Both front and rear knock sensors
-Top of air box/fuel distributor with sensors
-#4 plug wire sensor
-Coolent temperature sensor (might be different then CIS-E)
-Idle Stabilizer Valve (I think this is different then CIS-E)
-Coil and coil powerstage (small box attached to coil)
-Motronic injectors and fuel lines

If you are planning on moving the injection to the passenger side:

-Upper 16v intake manifold from non-scirocco 16v

If you are planning NOT moving the injection from the drivers side:

-Some way of attaching the Motronic injectors to the CIS-E lines, as
they have different thread pitches and line seats.  I'm working on
this part now.

> If you have any of these items for sale let me know.

Barely got them all for myself at this point. :)  Shop around, I did
quite well price wise (from two different sources for everything). I
think if you can find everything for around $200 that's pretty resonable.

> Also I would be grateful if you would share any info that would be helpful
> in the conversion process, especially as it relates to switching things
> around in the engine bay.

I would love doing a write-up for our FAQ/technical section on Scirocco.org.

> David Guido

later!

==Brett