RE: Just a thought.....

I've talked to a guy who was doing it for a customer. Basically he said
that it fit right in. there were some minor complications. There was a
conflict between the passenger side engine mount location for the A1's
and the timing belt tensioner. Basically a new bracket for the mount
needed to be fabricated. Also, the the donor was from a passat, so he
said  some exhaust pieces needed to be imported from Europe. I don't
know if a Beetle 1.8T would have the right parts. Bolting on an O2O
tranny from an 8v-er and all the rest of the mounts line right up.

Then there is the wiring...

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0