Re: gas tank RECALL(yea i know it's a beat topic)

--- Josh Able <kpa@wizvax.net> wrote:
> Hey Foxx, mine had already been repaired under the
> recall, it got fixed a
> second time. according to the dealership it didn't matter
> as long as the
> problem happened they would continue to fix..
>
> josh
> 87 16v

<snip>

I had the same problem - my '88 started leaking again after
being repaired in '91.  They had to get an official OK from
VW, but I got a new tank free.

Maybe it helps to have one of your best friends married to
the service advisor...   ;)

=====
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco    <---For sale  :(
'80 Scirocco S
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry