RE: gas tank RECALL(yea i know it's a beat topic)

Yeah this is a beat subject..but important.....all I can do is repeat what
I said before.It took many phone calls to five differant area dealers. the
first said that sciroccos were never recalled!! the saecond said not my
year, this contenued until the last dealer checked, and dicovered that my
rocc had already gotten the replacement equipment, but not to worry since
the work had already been done and was leaking again, they would take care
of it. this required the dealership getting an ok from VWoA, and now I have
new equipment..

 the moral of this story is NOT taking no for an answer. good luck..

At 02:30 PM 11/18/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Id like every ones input on this as well. I called VWoA and they told me
>after I gave them my VIN that my car was not involved in the recall. Well I
>got the letter last week saying it was, for the fuel tank. I am not willing
>either to have them tell me its not leaking fuel. I want a new tank. Is this
>feasible?
>
> Thank you for your time.
> Shannon Fenton
> Telecom Resource Management