Problems with my 16V

Here's the deal. When I start my car, it starts fine,
runs great, wouldn't know there is a problem. Then I
get on down the road and it seems to just "cut out".
Sometimes it is real jerky as if it is not getting
enough petro, other times it just simply loses all
responsiveness, as if it has just leaned out too much.
If I turn off the car and start it again, it runs fine
for a while. It appears that all cylinders are firing,
I can't get it to continue doing this long enough to
be sure. Once it created a really irregular idle where
as when I put in the clutch and let off the gas it
fell to about 5 on the tach and then climbed to 9.5 .
Another factor on this is that it only seems to do
this in colder weather. When it was 60 and 70 all last
week it didn't do it. It did this about a month ago,
so I changed the oil, filter, air filter and fuel
filter. I had recently changed the plugs and wires
with the nology setup, so I wouldn't think it is
spark.

Any ideas fellas? Any input would be great!!

Sorry this is so long.
                                       Jason
                                       87 16V
http://www.missouri.edu/~c693933